The most common reasons for claims were dental and optical-related healthcare benefits (52 per cent), chiropody, health and wellbeing therapies and physiotherapy (36 per cent).
According to Health Shield, 2.5 per cent of claims were declined for a mix of reasons, including:
- Maximum amount already paid — 25 per cent
- Receipt too old — six per cent
- Sundry item not covered — six per cent
- Claim already paid — six per cent
- Member not qualified at the time of treatment — six per cent
Health Shield, which recently reported a nine per cent increase in new business for the same period, also announced a 63 per cent increase in the number of new company schemes. The insurance company has continued to make progress against ambitious targets and delivered £6.4m in new business sales.
Alternatively for more information about our Health Cash Plans call us on 01270 588 555.