As part of its commitment to help even more companies improve employee wellness and productivity, award-winning health cash plan and wellbeing provider Health Shield has announced a raft of new and improved health benefits.
From early diagnostics, detection and screening services to rehabilitation and the extension of home care support to parents, Health Shield’s range of health cash plan solutions and enhancements are designed to help businesses foster a happy and healthy working environment, in turn reducing absenteeism and presenteeism, leading to greater business productivity. Additionally, a new online benefit and resource hub now makes these additions and improvements more accessible to members.
According to business-led charity Business in the Community (BITC) the need for employers to invest in health and wellbeing is more essential than ever, considering changing demographics, the increase in mental health problems, obesity and diabetes plus rising workplace pressures: “The UK productivity puzzle has many components but engagement and wellbeing are a significant factor.”
Health Shield’s new initiatives include:
- mywellness– a new online benefit and resource hub for members: a one-stop-shop for benefits and a host of resources to encourage members to improve their lifestyle and everyday health and wellbeing.
- Physio Triage– a brand-new benefit that gives members access to advice, support and treatment to help recover from musculoskeletal injuries as quickly as possible.
- Cancer Screening– this new benefit provides discounts on cancer screening services that can detect the early stages of the most common cancers. It includes access to a network of cancer specialists, plus advice and support.
- Workplace Health Screening– following the recent acquisition of health screening provider Prevent plc, Health Shield can now offer an enhanced service on Tailored health cash plans with health screening included. This can provide health screening services in the client’s workplace. New health screening product launches are also being planned.
- Home Assistance Cover– this benefit covers members for up to 14 hours of care in the home following a stay in hospital for two or more nights. It is now extended to cover parents of new and existing members and also the parents of partners who are covered.
- Modular Products– in response to broker feedback, Health Shield can now also offer clients greater flexibility with the option to add Employee Assistance Programme and Private Medical Insurance excess cover to its Essentials and Elements health cash plans. A standalone health screening product will also be introduced soon, which can be sold on a standalone basis without a health cash plan.
Jonathan Burton, Health Shield chief executive, said:“We listen to what our corporate clients and brokers want and we’re constantly innovating to provide market-leading benefits in a competitive market, to all our members.
“These developments represent part of an ongoing series of initiatives aimed at helping more employees to be happy, healthy and to fulfil their potential and in doing so improve the productivity of our corporate clients.”