Environmental, social and governance issues are moving up the agenda for pension trustees, advisers, providers and asset managers – driven by a host of legal and regulatory changes.
Debating key ESG issues in the DC space are:
- Steve Webb, director of policy, Royal London
- Ashley Hamilton Claxton, head of responsible investment, Royal London Asset Management
- Tim Smith, professional support lawyer, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Chaired by John Greenwood, editor, Corporate Adviser
– How are ESG strategies implemented?
– What common misconceptions are there about what ESG does and doesn’t cover?
– What risks do trustees face if they do not engage with ESG factors?
– What impact does an ESG approach have on performance? Is there an ESG premium to be gained?
– Does a well-thought-through ESG approach offer an opportunity for positive engagement with members?